The goal of the School Health Services Program is to:
- Coordinate and administrate nursing services.
- Close the achievement gap by addressing barriers to learning and developing appropriate accommodation plans.
- Work closely with families, students, staff and community resources to developan appropriate IHP (individual health plan, IEP (Individual Education Plan),
- 504 Plan, or an emergency plan of care for identified students.
- To provide health education and employ strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- To attain knowledge and competency that reflects current school nursing practice.
The school nurse interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and school personnel as colleagues. The school nurse considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of school nursing services. The school nurse integrates research findings into practice.