Crescent School PBIS Mission
Our goal at Crescent School is to create and sustain an environment for achieving important social, emotional and academic learning outcomes, while preventing problem behaviors through a collaborative team approach For this to happen we must be a cohesive team that cares about one another, supports one another, and works together. Together our students, staff, parents, and community of Crescent School will achieve great success.
These are the staff commitments we have made so that we can successfully implement PBIS at Crescent:
- We teach and model the 4 Be’s: Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Here.
- We recognize positive behaviors throughout the building. All of our staff carry and pass out Hodag High Fives when we notice great choices.
- We regularly review behavioral data, looking at behavioral referrals, so that we can address problematic times, locations, and behaviors.
- We teach and reteach behavioral expectations using individual conferences with students, class meetings, and Social Academic Instructional Groups.
- We make a big deal out of our new School Store, where students can shop for prizes using their Hodag High Fives.
- We have monthly school-wide celebrations.
- We recognize awesome attendance, extraordinary bus conduct, and peaceful playground behavior at Crescent School!
- We ALL celebrate our successes with incentives and prize drawings.
- All full-time staff members are part of a PBIS professional learning committee, so that we are all stakeholders in making PBIS successful at Crescent.
- We make learning fun!